The association’s leadership continues to seek methods to improve the conference. Here are some items worth noting:
- Registration fees before July 1st will be $245 per person, and $300 afterwards.
- The conference agenda has changed. The traditional Tuesday morning educational session will be replaced with a breakfast with a notable VIP speaker. Registration for the breakfast is optional; a ticket may be purchased through the conference registration process.
- Real-time internet access to the current registration list prior to the conference, with appointment scheduling assistance, will continue with enhancements.
- Golf Tournament: We are pleased to announce the conference affiliation with the Nutrients for Life Foundation, who will be producing the golf tournament Saturday, July 15. You can now register and support the tournament through the SWFC registration system.
- New tool this year! The conference will have a phone app that will provide live updates to the registration list, suite and meeting site listings, and appointments request links, among many other useful tools.
2016 Conference Highlights
The 2016 conference in San Antonio was again successful on all accounts. Here are some highlights:
- Attendance was the highest in its history at 1,796.
- 156 company meeting sites were reserved, including 38 meeting modules in the Fertilizer Exchange
- 812 companies were represented
- Participants from 23 countries were in attendance
- Three honorees were inducted into the new Fertilizer Hall of Fame: Dr. Yates Smith, Tennessee Valley Authority; Sam Killebrew, Killebrew Co.; Ed Krysl, Tessenderlo Kerley
- Four students were honored with $2,500 scholarships each
Everyone is there because everyone is there!